Some of my Creations

Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's been nearly a year....

...since I wrote a blog post. This seems to be a recurring theme in my blogging life. I don't mean to neglect it so bad, I DO have plenty to share, but finding the time I guess is the real issue. And wondering if my five followers actually care anyway! ;)

In a nutshell, this year has been extremely busy for me. I went to 6 weeks of geology field camp this summer, which deserves a blogpost of its own, and then went to Hawaii for a volcano seismology class for 2 weeks, which also needs a post of its own. I got back to an illness in the family and had to take the semester off from school to care for my daughter while my mom was busy. I've enjoyed the break, I was honestly starting to feel a BIT burned out on school after my insane spring semester and summer...but I'm ready to go back now. 6 classes left! Can't wait to be done and get a job somewhere.

I've rolled out a new like of geeky handstamped science related jewelry this fall, and am really enjoying creating it! People seem to like it, I've had quite a few sales in my etsy shop of my new stuff. Yaay, I may have found myself a niche in this over saturated world of jewelry where so many people are just making things very similar to everyone else! I hope I can keep it up when I go back to school in a couple of weeks. You can check it out here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/nikhajewelry?section_id=6466242

I'm going to try to be better about regular blogging and tweeting, but no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment